JOHN VUKMANOVIC, ESQ.
Telephone: (213) 943-1340
Facsimile: (213) 943-1301
John Vukmanovic is the principal and founder of VLG. As a seasoned civil litigator, John practices general civil, real estate, and business litigation. John is honored to be identified in the 2008 edition of the Southern California Super Lawyers magazine.
Before forming VLG, John was an Associate with Freedman & Taitelman, LLP, a well-respected boutique law firm in Century City, California. Prior to that, John was a Litigation Associate with the national firm of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard and Smith, LLP, one of the largest law firms in California.
John received his Juris Doctorate degree from Whittier College School of Law. In 1999, John attended the prestigious Institute on Comparative and International Law at Oxford University, Oxford, England. John received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with an emphasis in International Business, from California State University Los Angeles.
John is involved with various charitable organizations throughout the greater Los Angeles and Orange County areas. John also enjoys spending time with his wife and son, Dina and Michael.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Business and Commercial Litigation
Civil Litigation (General)
Professional Liability Litigation
Real Estate Litigation
Whittier College School of Law, Costa Mesa, CA
- Juris Doctorate, 2000
- Accelerated Program
- Civil Trial Advocacy course
Oxford University, Oxford, England
- Institute on Comparative and International Law, 1999
California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 1994
- Emphasis: International Business
State Bar of California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
Los Angeles County Bar Association (Member, Real Estate and Litigation Sections)
Orange County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Freedman & Taitelman - Associate Attorney (January 2005 - January 2008
- Practice areas: civil litigation involving business/commercial, entertainment, and real estate disputes.
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP - Associate Attorney (June 2003 - January 2005)
- Practice areas: civil litigation involving business/commercial, real estate, and intellectual property disputes; personal injury involving automobile, premises liability, and product liability claims.
LaFollette, Johnson, DeHaas, Fesler, Silberberg & Ames, A.P.C. - Associate Attorney (August 2001 - April 2003)
- Practice areas: Civil defense litigation involving professional liability, personal injury, medical/dental malpractice, and elder abuse.
Farmers Insurance - Claims Representative (May 1997 - January 1998)
20th Century Insurance - Office Claims Adjuster (November 1995 - November 1996)