Orange County Partition Attorneys

Partition Attorneys for Los Angeles and Orange County, California

If you are a co-owner of a residential, industrial or commercial property, and you can no longer agree with the other owners about the use, access, sharing of income, expenses, possession or management of the property, you have recourse. Vukmanovic Law Group (VLG) has assisted numerous clients in negotiating a fair division of their property, and when necessary, we have quickly instituted legal proceedings requesting a judicial sale of the property, or "partition" action. This aggressive approach often provides fast solutions, whether the other owners are cooperative or not.

Are you involved in a dispute regarding jointly owned property in California, or simply want it sold? If yes, you are welcomed to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our Irvine or Los Angeles partition lawyers.
Call toll free (888)341-5942, or you can also contact us online.

California Sale and Division of Property, Partition

In many situations, one or more co-owners are entitled to additional compensation at the time of sale and division of the property. A partition action serves as a final accounting between the co-owners relating to expenses for necessary repairs, improvements that enhance the value of the property, payments on encumbrances, and other expenditures for the benefit of the entire property.

For example, an owner who pays taxes or other charges against the property, or who expends time, labor or money for the preservation of the property, is entitled to contribution from the other owners. On partition by sale, such an owner is entitled to reimbursement for those expenses before division of the proceeds among the property owners. VLG's lawyers aggressively pursue and routinely recover such reimbursement for our clients.

Information About Partition Actions

In addition, California law provides that costs recoverable in a partition action consist of all expenses determined to have been incurred "for the common benefit." This broad category allows for the owner bringing a partition action to seek reimbursement for the partition itself, including reasonable attorneys' fees and related costs, in certain instances.

When the circumstances warrant, VLG has requested that a "receiver" or "referee" be appointed by the court to protect the rights and interests of its clients pending the sale of the property in dispute. The fees and expenses of the referee can be reimbursed as well, since they too are incurred for the common benefit.

Call Our Irvine and Los Angeles Litigation Law Firm Today

If a co-owner of real property is uncooperative, please contact our Los Angeles partition lawyers today regarding your options. For property located in Los Angeles or Orange County, call toll free (888)341-5942 for a complimentary consultation.